For all its old school appeal, The Ojai has proven itself to be an exceedingly versatile template for experimentation: from heavy woolen blends to dry-waxed canvas, this classic workwear silhouette has yet to meet a material it doesn't like. That's why Taylor Stitch didn't have to think twice about their brand new Tobacco iteration, which is sturdy, soft, and absolutely beautiful. The details—natural ring-back buttons, ample storage space, and a tailored cut—remain unchanged, but this Ojai has a character all its own.
Sateen is in the twill family (like denim or khaki), but it's significantly softer. Unfortunately, it's also prone to snagging, which is why they've taken this 100% organic cotton sateen and reversed it: the soft "face" rests against the skin, and the durable "self" is exposed to the elements. They've even given this run a wash to enhance its naturally smooth texture. The resulting material is remarkably comfortable, sturdy, and sharp.
- 8-oz. 100% Organic Cotton
- Washed for a soft, lived in feel.
- Dark horn ring-back buttons with brass pin and rings.
- Single chest pocket with pen slot.
- Two lower patch pockets feature top and side entry.
- All pockets bar-tacked at stress points.
- Double-needle stitching throughout.
- Wash cold, tumble dry low.